Birthday parties. We pretty much organize one once a year and it’s a great way to have all of our friends reunited for our special day. But birthday parties are unfortunately an excuse for waste and are most of the time pretty harmful to the environment.
That is why we decided to help you out by giving you some Eco-friendly birthday party ideas. Whether it is for you, for a friend or for a kid, here are some Eco-friendly tips to make your birthday party more sustainable:
- First of all, instead of sending dozens of invitations that will end up in the trash can, think about a better way to invite friends and family. You could either use emails, Facebook invites or even simply the phone which is still the best way to talk to people. If you really want your guests to have a written record of your invitation, think about Eco-friendly invites made of recycled paper!
- Keep in mind that decoration are always a source of waste, especially balloons that are toxic and polluting the air when releasing the air. Try to make educated and smart decisions as far as decorations as much as you can!
- Try to have the party outside to save energy. Kids and adults love to be outside when the weather allows it and you won’t have to use the lights as much.
- What about the food you are going to serve? Try to use organic food grown locally and cook yourself!
- Don’t forget to recycle everything at the end of the party.
- Also remember to be Eco-friendly when you wrap your birthday gifts. Think out of the box and try to find original ideas to wrap presents without using paper that will be thrown away. You could either reuse bags and paper from previous gifts or look around to find newspaper, magazines or boxes that don’t need anymore.
As far as tableware, we know that using reusable plates and utensils is better for the environment for sometimes it is not an option, whether it is because of a lack of time, a fear of broken dishes or simply because you don’t have enough reusable tableware for all of your guests. No matter the reason, you sometimes have to go with disposable tableware and it’s okay because there are plenty of Eco-friendly disposable options!
Made of sugarcane, palm leaf or bamboo, our biodegradable disposable plates are so elegant that they don’t look like they are disposable, and the sustainable material they are made of make them the perfect environmentally friendly options when it comes to disposables.
Our wooden cutlery and bamboo cutlery are also perfect to match these disposable sets and are as eco-friendly as it gets! Compostable or biodegradable, you won’t have to worry about harming the environment or finding broken tableware.
And to add color and originality to your birthday party, what better idea than compostable and eco-friendly paper straws? Their bright colors really add a special touch to your table and are always a great success!
Now you know that hosting an eco-friendly and waste-free party is easier than you thought it would be and can still be fun and enjoyable!
Check out all of our eco-friendly disposables at www.bioandchic.com