As you are aware, this year is giving us a very cold winter and you have to get ready for it! It is not always easy to warm up with such low temperatures that can also be dangerous so here are a couple of tips to stay warm and safe during this cold time period.
- Whenever you have to go out, make sure you wear warm clothes and try to cover your skin as much as possible.
- If you use a car, check your car battery before it gets too cold. If the battery is older than 3 years, chances are it will die under very cold temperatures.
- Whether you are driving or just walking, please watch out for ice spots on the roads if you don’t want to fall or get into an accident. Drive/walk carefully!
- Inside your home, be aware that turning down the thermostat not only will save you money but will also help prevent power outages. It will also make it easier for you to go outside as the temperature difference won’t be too high.
- If you are using supplemental heating devices – such as space heaters, candles, oven… – be very careful! Many accidents and fires happen every year because people are not careful enough…
- If you have pet, DON’T LEAVE THEM OUTSIDE. If you are cold, they are cold too. Please be considerate!
- Last but not least, eating warm foods will keep you warm! And the ideal winter food is of course soup!
January is National Soup Month and to be honest, it really is the perfect month to enjoy all kind of soups! Yes, on such cold winter’s days, nothing feels better than a warm bowl of hot delicious soup.
Are you looking for perfect takeout solutions for soup? Take a look at these pretty little buckets. Stylish and elegant, they are leak proof and are the perfect to-go option for hot foods. It will keep your soup safe during transportation and will allow you to microwave it. Available in different sizes and colors, they are ideal for eating and serving.
If you are looking for more Eco-friendly takeout solutions, go to www.bioandchic.com!